Ray Brown is my undisputed favourite bass player. His feel, sound, solos, lines – it’s all fabulous. I often transcribe his lines and licks and try and incorporate them in my own playing. Check him out with his trio with Gene Harris and Jeff Hamilton, or with Oscar Peterson’s trio of course. Here’s a sample: this is Ray’s solo feature on the changes to “How High the Moon” on the Live At The Stratford Shakespearean Festival” recorded in 1956. Listen here.
- Email problems and October news! - mailchi.mp/a279e65a6c31/n… 1 day ago
- Next Wednesday Glen Manby and Steve Waterman at the Pavilion - mailchi.mp/06855025de99/n… 1 week ago
- Jazz Cafe with Ken Peplowksi - mailchi.mp/c90e33e3b080/n… 2 weeks ago
- RT @GuildfordJazz: Great meeting with @GuildfordTIC, looking forward to working together #GuildfordJazz #Jazz #Guildford 3 weeks ago
- Next Wednesday at the Pavilion - mailchi.mp/cfec5bb8ed1f/n… 4 weeks ago