Ray Brown is my undisputed favourite bass player. His feel, sound, solos, lines – it’s all fabulous. I often transcribe his lines and licks and try and incorporate them in my own playing. Check him out with his trio with Gene Harris and Jeff Hamilton, or with Oscar Peterson’s trio of course. Here’s a sample: this is Ray’s solo feature on the changes to “How High the Moon” on the Live At The Stratford Shakespearean Festival” recorded in 1956. Listen here.
- December's Guildford Jazz Crackers - mailchi.mp/44189f715de1/n… 1 week ago
- RT @GuildfordJazz: Photos from last week's Jazz Café: facebook.com/media/set/?set… @alanbarnesjazz and Phil DeGreg. 1 week ago
- News from Guildford Jazz - mailchi.mp/3963499c2029/n… 1 month ago
- Coming up at Guildford Jazz - mailchi.mp/43f874f021c8/n… 1 month ago
- What's On at Guildford Jazz - mailchi.mp/b2b6054342d5/n… 1 month ago